Moonlight Visions - Chapter 10

 
 It didn’t take me long to discover that Robert was a early riser. By the time I finally came out of the guest bedroom, he had already eaten breakfast and started working on his computer.
 
 I was never an early riser and death did not change that.  
 
 Although I didn’t really sleep anymore, I found it hard to even enjoy the idea of resting with him rummaging around the house early in the morning.
 
 The tapping of the keys on his computer were overly amplified to me and was highly irritating.
 
 Today was the day…this man had to go.
 
 Once again, I found myself outside of my own house, attempting to find some solace.
Going through my normal routine of watering my plants helped temporarily.
Shortly after , I heard a car horn beeping.  It was time for Robert to leave for work.
Drawn to things of the living world, I headed toward the carpool.  I stared at the driver wondering if he was like my new unwanted house guest…would he see me if he checked his rearview mirror?
Robert left the house and headed toward the carpool, finally giving me time alone.
I could sense that he was pretty excited to begin his day.  He seemed energized and almost appeared to bounce toward his ride.  It was the most animated I’d ever seen him.
I walked back to my house slightly melancholy.  It was the complex human emotions that I would miss the most about being alive.  Now, I had to live with memories of what true emotions felt like.
In some ways, this was a good thing, but I realized that it was the lack of true emotion that made me just a blur in the human world.  I wondered if there was a way to regain these emotions. After all,  true emotions came from the soul and I still had my soul.
I sat brooding over this for a few moments.  I needed someone to talk to; to help me sort through my new life or lack there of.
I decided to attempt to contact Helen, the older lady that I met when I first arrived in Moonlight Falls. Without thinking, I reached for my cell phone and to my surprise I was able to grab it. 
Was it only when Robert was not around that I could use things like normal?  Or was I always able to use different items, only Robert could not perceive it.  The whole thing messed with my mind…I needed answers.
Helen answered after a few rings, “Hello?”


“Helen?”  I asked; surprised to finally hear my own voice out loud.  Although it was a whispery, raspy version of it.

It took me a while to explain who I was and my situation.  I could tell that she was surprised to hear from me, but was not afraid.  “I couldn’t think of anyone else to contact,” I said.
“Yeah, I heard that someone had moved into your house,” Helen said, “but I didn’t realize that you had not moved on yet.”


“Moved on?”

I listened carefully as Helen explained my new state.  “Most of us go to another place when we die.  Some believe that the place is heaven.  However, there is a few of us that stay connected to this world.  Moonlight Falls is full of those types.”


“But why Helen?  Why am I still here?  This man has moved into my house and there is nothing I can do about it.  I cannot get him to notice that I’m here.”

“Well, there are three classes of ghosts…there are some who are totally aware and able to make decisions and function somewhat in the physical world.  They choose to remain here. There is another type that just wanders around reliving the patterns that they followed when they were living while ignoring the presence of the living.  That type doesn’t know that they have died. So you my dear must be the third type of ghost…”
“A third type?”  I asked.


“Yes, a ghost stuck here to fulfill a mission, one with unfinished business.”

“But there is no mission!  I don’t have any unfinished business.”



“I sense that there was a reason you moved here.”

I had forgotten the man…the man in my visions…the man I was supposed to save.  “But I can’t help anyone Helen…I don’t have emotions, I can’t feel or manipulate  anything.”


“You still have access to your senses and emotions and of course you can move things.  You called me didn’t you?  You are just a disembodied soul.  The only difference between you and me is that I have a body. You are an entity of pure energy and emotion.  Energy runs our world…makes things happen. You are perfectly capable of fulfilling your mission.”

Helen and I talked a while longer before we ended the call.  I had no idea how Helen knew all that she knew, especially since she claimed to only be a band manager.  But that was not what was important.  The important thing was…that I still had a man to save.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: