Moonlight Visions - Chapter 11


 Energy…an entity of energy.  That’s what Helen said I was.
 What Helen said changed everything.  If energy could destroy whole towns in an earthquake or storm…I knew that I could manipulate things…change things.
 This is what I thought about as I stood at my alchemy table studying and learning. 
 If I was still here; still connected to the world of the living to fulfill my mission, then that was what I was determined to do.
 Yet, I still had no direction…no idea of who I was supposed to be saving and my visions gave me no further clues.  So, I would study and hope that alchemy was the answer to getting what I needed to do, done.
 Even if it didn’t help solve the problem, just keeping busy was enough to help keep my spirit active and thinking.
 I remained down in the basement, mixing ingredients throughout the day.
 Before I knew it, I had a working potion…a bottle of pure bliss.  If I could not get this man out of my house, maybe a sip or two of bliss would help me get through the most unbearable moments.
 I smiled to myself, realizing that I was reaching…that this potion was basically useless to me, but at least it was a start.
 I stayed in the basement until I could hear a car pulling up to the house.
 I put away my new potion and headed upstairs to greet my unwanted guest.
 He entered the house just as I turned the corner.
 The light had not left his eyes, giving me the impression that he really enjoyed his job.  He too seemed to have a mission to fulfill. 
 The first thing Robert did once he entered the house was to grab the dirty bowl that had been left on the table.  He was a neat freak, quite the opposite of me, who my mother and grandmother often dubbed a slob.
 “How did this get here?”  He said out loud.  That’s when I realized that the bowl that he had picked up was mine…
 He had finally perceived a small part of my presence, although I’m sure that he rationalized to himself that he had left the bowl there himself and forgotten that he had done it.
 I  sat on the couch and observed as he meticulously cleaned the bowl.
 Just watching him, I could tell that he was a man that put great care into things that he did.  He did not overlook details.  I reasoned that he must be some type of detective or private investigator.
 It was odd sitting there watching him with him unaware of my presence.  It felt like I was invading his privacy...like I shouldn’t be there.
 I almost felt bad about it, until I realized that this was my house and he was the trespasser…not me.
 His cell phone rung as he left the kitchen.
 “Robert here,” he answered.
 His face lit up after he figured out who was on the other end.  “Hey babe!   Yes, I had a great day at work.”
 He spoke to the person on the other end for a while before agreeing to meet somewhere and hanging up.  He looked a little worried as he ended the call.
I wasn’t able to gather from his end of the conversation what was said, but I could tell that it wasn’t something that he was prepared to hear.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: