Moonlight Visions - Chapter 15

 Either Robert wasn’t the type to dwell in heartbreak too long, or he was used to it and had learned to hide it really well.
 When we got back to the house, he sort of went about his evening like normal.
 Maybe he had already seen this coming and had already mourned the loss of the relationship.
 I couldn’t tell.  I could only observe the way he behaved afterward.
 And from what I could see, he did not seem very upset or sad.
 He sat down and ate, while I sort of floated there reflecting on how I would have handled that sort of situation.  But I realized that I had never been in love.
 Robert eventually headed to the bedroom. 
 The only time he seemed a little sad was when he was about to climb into bed that night.  He pulled back the covers and sighed a long melancholy sigh.
 I watched as he slept.  At first his sleep was restless.
 Finally he settled down into a deeper, more peaceful sleep. 
  I wondered if he dreamed of Annie.
 Watching him and thinking about the way Annie had broken up with him…cheated on him, I wondered if loving her had been worth it. If he could fall in love with her all over again, would he?
 I was hit by a strong emotion…regret.  Now that I was dead, I wondered why had I wasted so much time when I was alive?  Why didn’t I spend more time searching for love?  Was it too late now?
 It was my turn to sigh, only my sigh didn’t come from loss.  It came from never having.
 I returned to the basement and the alchemy table. 
 Was this what my eternity would be…living vicariously through a stranger, because I was too afraid to truly live when I was alive?
 Was I to be a lonely dead witch, attempting to make a life through alchemy?
 Little did I know that the answers to my questions would be coming soon.
But for now, I spent the whole of the night studying, learning and praying silently to myself that this would not be all that I’d ever have.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: