Moonlight Visions - Chapter 18

 We were back.  I could not say exactly how, but we were.
 It was like no time had passed.  Doreen and Marsha were still in the same place. 


“I have her!” Doreen said.  “She is here in this room.” 

 “We did it!”  Doreen continued.


Marsha gasped, thinking that Doreen was talking to her, but I knew that it was Doreen’s way of congratulating me for successfully bringing Desirae back.

 Desirae took a seat in the empty chair.
 “Thank you for coming Desirae.  I need to ask you some really tough questions if that is okay.”  Doreen said as if asking permission. 


I looked toward Desirae, who nodded.  “She is ready to answer,” I told Doreen.

 Marsha could not hear or sense me, so Doreen repeated what I said to her before continuing.  Desirae, could you tell us what happened on the night that you died?”
 Desirae told me the whole thing without an audible voice, and I conveyed it to Doreen who repeated it to Marsha.


“I was out late…I had spent the night partying with a group of my girlfriends.  We had all parted ways… and I was alone,” Doreen recited, while Marsha hung closely to every word.

 “At first, everything was normal.  Suddenly…I was afraid…very afraid, but I didn’t see anything to be afraid of,” I continued as Desirae gave me the information.
 “That’s when I saw him…a lone figure silhouetted by the light of the full moon.  The mere sight of him gave me chills all over.” Doreen completed the statement out loud to Marsha.
 “I turned to run, but when I turned, he moved impossibly quick and was in front of me in the blink of an eye. “
 “’Where are you going pretty one’ he asked.  I knew that there would be no running, so I just stood there…waiting,”  Doreen said.
 “Just waiting…” Doreen continued.


“What were you waiting for baby?”  Marsha asked as if she were thinking out loud.

 “My death…” Desirae answered.  “I knew it was coming, but I did not know how.  I did not see a knife…or a gun.  He did not even reach out to choke me.”
 I don’t know how Marsha sat there without breaking down.  She looked like an emotional dam ready to burst, but she held it together as Doreen and I continued telling her of her daughter’s death.
 “No…he leaned in as if to kiss me and I thought…maybe he won’t kill me…maybe he just wants to…” Desirae stopped; knowing that if she said the next few words, her mother really would break down.
 Desirae skipped that part of her story.  “He leaned in and the last thing I felt was his bite on my neck.”


“Wait…wait,” Marsha interrupted before Doreen, Desirae and I could continue.  “What are we talking about here?  What type of man bites a woman to death?”

 “I think you know,”  Doreen said expectantly to Marsha.  “Isn’t that the reason we are here…to confirm what you already knew?”
 “A vampire?”  Marsha said as if she was just waiting for a chance to say those words out loud.
I gasped.  I of course had heard of vampires, but even being a supernatural myself, I didn’t really believe in them.  I did however believe in Donte from the elixir shop and Janet Pok, Robert’s boss, who had come to my house.  And now I had a label for them…vampires.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: