Moonlight Visions - Chapter 6

 Robert left the house and headed to his appointment which was at the police department located at City Hall.
 City Hall is a grand historic building that housed not only the town’s police department and government, but also its military.
 While Robert was off taking care of business…
 I, determined to find some sort of normalcy despite my new form, left for work at the caravan.
 
 I recalled seeing the three ghosts when I first moved to town and I wondered if they were able to build some sort of life for themselves, although no longer alive.
 
 Helen said that not everyone in town can see the ghosts and other supernaturals because they were blinded by their disbelief.
 
 If this was true, would there still be a place for me in the fortune telling world?
 There was only one way to find out.  I felt as if I was holding my breath as I entered the fortune tellers caravan, but I quickly realized that it was just a memory of what holding my breath was like.  All of my emotions were now just memories.
 Meanwhile, Robert finished at the police station and hopped on his bike to return home.
 My guess is that he had gone there to sign paperwork for his new job as a cop.
 
 What I do know is that while I was trying to find my place in this world, he discovered the basement.
 
 I knew about the basement when I first moved into my house, but I rarely ventured down there.
 I found the place to be dark, dingy and creepy, with the remains of stuff left over by the house’s previous occupants.
 In that sense, it was sort of like a graveyard; full of forgotten discards from someone’s life.
 This is where Robert decided to discard my alchemy table from the spare bedroom…
 …which he turned into a guest room.
 After I entered the caravan, Doreen the fortune teller that hired me when I was still alive greeted me.  “Glad you finally made your way back,” she said as if it were the most natural thing in the world.


I was relieved that she could see me. “So, you still want me to work for you?”  I asked, “Even though…” I stopped, hesitating.


“Of course,” she answered with a smile.  “You are even more valuable to me in your current condition.”

 As I left that day, I reflected on the rest of what Doreen said.  She told me that as a ghost, I would be invaluable as a medium; helping her access the feelings and thoughts of other spirits that had passed away.
 
 She said that she gets a lot of clients who come in looking to communicate with loved ones who had passed away.  Until now, she had no way to gain contact, because it was not a part of her gift.  But, now it was a part of mine.
 “I am so glad that you came back!  We are going to make a lot of money,” Doreen said catching up to me as I was leaving for home.


I wasn’t sure how useful money would be to me now, but I was grateful to have something to do which would occupy all of the time that I suddenly found myself with.

 I grabbed my broom and took off with Doreen a short distance behind me on hers.
 I was joyful knowing that even with my physical body being gone, there would still be some use for me.  I would be able to make a difference.
 All was not lost…I could continue to live some sort of life.
 I could still enjoy my house…my beloved house.
 But all of my optimism and happiness faded quickly when I actually arrived home.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: