Moonlight Visions - Chapter 7

 Imagine my surprise when I entered my home and saw a man standing there. 
 My first instinct was to call the police, but I realized that in my current condition, I probably would not be heard.
 I didn’t even know if I could actually use a phone as a spirit. 
 I resorted to my second instinct and that was to pull out my wand. 
 With my wand in hand I turned quickly and faced him.  “Leave my house now!”  I yelled; only there was no sound.  I mean, I could hear what I remembered as being my voice, but internally.  There was no external sound.
 Robert did not react.  He showed no indication that he had heard me, or even seen me. 


I waved my wand and recited a short incantation, but didn’t get the reaction that I expected.

 Instead, the spell seemed to backfire.  My whole form recoiled as if I had received a mighty blow, but he was not affected in any way.
 I reached a sad conclusion…I had lost my powers when I lost my life.  I could no longer count on my spells to get me through.
 I stood there helpless, while he never moved. 
 When he did move, he walked right by me, so closely that I believe that his right arm actually went through me…only I felt nothing.  I stood there like displaced air, with no matter…no physical form to help me manipulate the environment around me.
 I didn’t get it.  I remembered eating that morning…grabbing a plate and placing food on it.  But did it really happen? Had I only imagined showering, watering my plants, using my broom…talking to Janet.
 Was eating, showering and talking only a part of what I remembered doing when I was alive?
 I moved closer to him; angered.  This man was making himself comfortable in my home and there was nothing I could do about it. 
 He didn’t even seem aware that I was there.
 I slowly swarmed around him; willing him to respond to my presence.
 Suddenly he stood, coming as close to me as possible.  Yet he never looked my way.  To him, I was nothing…I did not exist.
 I recalled my conversation with Helen and realized that this man was a non-believer…a skeptic.  He did not respond to me, because he did not believe that ghosts even existed.
 I stood there like a young toddler, frustrated and unable to communicate it.  I felt on the verge of a tantrum.
 With my full concentration, I directed my anger toward him hoping that he could feel the emotion behind it.  “Leave my house!  This is my house…”  I said.
 No reaction from the man. The feelings were overwhelming.  I wanted to hit something, I wanted to scream…maybe even throw something, but I could do none of it.
 To make matters worst, he turned and walked away; leaving me there.
I stood there…rejected, disregarded, seething in anger…and Robert never noticed any of it.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: