Moonlight Visions - Chapter 8

 I finally gave up on trying to use physical means of getting this man out of my house. 
 My wand no longer worked, but  I thought maybe I could come up with a potion to get my home back.
 I entered the spare bedroom and found that my alchemy table and shelves were gone.
 Instead, I found a small bed.  My alchemy room had been turned into a guest bedroom. And I noticed something else…the picture that hung over the bed that used to show a house with a couple, now showed a pair of ghosts instead.   
 All of the new things going on once again threatened to overwhelm me.  Everything was changing rapidly and I was an unwilling passenger forced along for the ride.
 Not willing to give up hope, I decided to find out all I could about this stranger.  Maybe I could discover a weakness…some way to get him out of my house.
 When I reentered the main room, I found him in the kitchen preparing a microwave meal.  Just the memory of food was enough to make me want something to eat.
 He remained completely unaware as I opened the refrigerator.  Again, I wondered how it was possible that he did not see or hear it open. 
 I sat down and he sat across from me; never even glancing in my direction.  I wondered what would have happened if he had decided to sit in the same chair that I was occupying.
 As I went through the motions of eating, but not actually tasting anything, I wondered why he did not see my plate and fork.  Did it all really exist or was there some sort of ghostly parallel world that only spirits can see and be a part of?  Did my plate and fork only exist in that realm?
 I reasoned that the latter was true, because either he was in strong denial or I just simply did not exist in his world.
 He eventually finished eating and sat down on the couch.  I stared for awhile before deciding that it was time to find my alchemy table.
 I also decided to test just how resistant this man was to my presence.
 I approached  and floated right through him…
 And he never batted an eye.
 I was disappointed, but  not ready to give up.
 This time as I left the room, I didn’t even bother opening the front door.  I knew that he would not respond.
 Outside in the night air, I felt like I was a little more in my element.
 Suddenly my home no longer felt like my home.
But I was willing to fight any way I could to change that.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: