Moonlight Visions - Chapter 9

 I knew the first place to look for my alchemy table, but decided to stop and pick up a few ingredients first.  The large bugs would come in handy with some of the potions that I would be mixing.
 Unable to avoid it any longer, I headed down into the basement.
 The basement was extra dark and unwelcoming at that time of night.  I expected to be afraid, but there is something about being dead.  A certain peace and calm came over me and I was no longer afraid of things that I would’ve been afraid of when I was alive.
 Just as I suspected, my table was tucked into a corner of the basement.  At least he didn’t donate it or sell it.  I still had access to it.
 I turned to my alchemy book and searched the contents for any potions used to eliminate unwanted guests.
 As I spent time down there, I was almost glad that my table had been moved.  Now that I was no longer afraid of being there…
 I could see the basement becoming a place I could come to get away when I just did not want to be near the stranger who had taken over my house.
 I suspected that he would not come down here very often, so it was the only part of my home that was still fully mine.
 I spent the majority of the night there.  When I didn’t find what I was looking for in my alchemy book, I decided to just focus my time learning  everything I could about alchemy.  Maybe if I learned enough, I could come up with a new potion on my own.
 When I finally emerged from the basement, I decided to head to bed…more out of habit than out of need.  When I entered what used to be my bedroom, I saw that my bed was already occupied.
 As if it wasn’t enough that he was in my house, he was in my bed as well.
 I stood and watched him sleep for a few moments, figuring that any effort tonight on my part to get him to leave my room would be in vain.  To him, I was nothing more than air.
 I would spend tomorrow looking for ways to get this man out of my life.
 For now, I just left him alone.
 I decided to use the guest bed for now.
 One last glance at the ghostly painting above the bed reminded me of my new existence.
 With a sigh, I pulled the covers up to my chin and snuggled down in the strange bed.
 But I just laid there all night, staring at the spirits in the painting.  I wondered where those spirits were now.  Had their home been invaded too after they died?
And if so…did they ever figure out how to get it back.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: