Moonlight Visions - Chapter 20

 I arrived home not sure if I liked my new job as medium.  
 
 Recalling the look on Marsha Healy’s face; the horrors of hearing that her daughter had been murdered by a vampire…maybe she would have been better off not knowing.  There may be times when the truth should remain dead with the victim.
 
 Robert was home when I got there and he didn’t seem to be handling his break-up as well as I originally thought.
 
 By the time I entered the house, he had already consumed a few drinks.
 And by the look of things, he was preparing to gulp down a few more.
 Along with the multiple glasses of alcohol, was further evidence that my house was no longer fully mine.
 Robert had brought home a TV.  When I moved to Moonlight Falls, I planned to live a life with as little technology as possible. 
 Technology had always distracted me from having pure visions.  Now Robert had brought it into my house and I could do nothing about it.
 Robert stood up, and I went on alert trying to anticipate his next move.  Unsure of how many drinks he had consumed, I did not know what state of mind he may have been in.
 He grabbed another of his ready made glasses of alcohol.
 After he drank it, he didn’t seem satisfied, content, numb…or whatever emotion heavy drinkers expect to feel.  Instead, he was angry as evidenced by the words that he mumbled to himself. “Annie, you evil little…” he said out loud.
 Even with a few drinks in his system, he just could not seem to ignore the mess surrounding him.  He grabbed a mop and began cleaning up a big puddle of water that I didn’t even notice. 
 My attention went back to the TV, a cheap little model that had second hand store written all over it.
 It had to go…I didn’t want it there.
 Before I could even give the TV much more energy; Robert was out the door and I was right behind him.
 We were once again in front of the bar…the bar where Annie announced that she was in love with someone else.  Robert stood staring at the spot where it all happened as if he were reliving it in his head.
 He finally walked in; noting a few ladies that were standing near the bar.
 He sat at the bar.  I figured that he had enough drinks at home, but I guess they just did not hit the spot.
 Then he surprised me and ordered food instead.  He spent his waiting time scoping out every lady in the bar.  My guess was that he was searching for a quick replacement for Annie.
 I also guessed that at that point, he would have settled for any lady with decent looks and two legs.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: