Moonlight Visions - Chapter 21

 As if on queue, a young lady arrived that I somehow knew would fit the bill.
 She had more than decent looks and walked in a bouncy prance that highlighted her well endowed upper body.  She headed straight for the bar.
 Just as I suspected, it didn’t take Robert long to notice her.
 Although she seemed to ignore him, I had a feeling that she was aware of him as well.
 She ordered a drink.  As the bartender tossed the drink mix high in the air, Robert took advantage of an opportunity.  “Ten dollars says he’ll drop it,” Robert said casually.


“We’re on,” she answered, confirming the bet.

 After the bartender made the drink perfectly without dropping the mix, the lady looked over to Robert.  “How about you pay for my drink instead?” She suggested after winning the bet.
 “I would’ve been glad to do that anyway,” Robert said.


He paid for the drink and the lady promptly picked it up and drank from it.

 I found a comfortable location to overhear how Robert smoothly wormed his way into an interaction with this lady.
 “I’m Robert,” he said.


He waited for the lady to respond with her name.  Instead she nodded in acknowledgement and continued enjoying her drink.

 “Doesn’t betting with a person and taking their money at least warrant a name?” 
 “Not really,” she said; obviously not the answer Robert expected.
 “OK,” Robert responded sounding like a rejected child.
 “I’m Leeann,” Leeann said turning back toward Robert.
 Then the conversation took an unexpected turn.  “That’s all I was asking for…a little polite courtesy,” he said in a not-so-nice way.
 Leeann stared at him; surprised by his response.  My guess was that it wasn’t the sort of interaction she was used to when it came to men.
 “Have a great evening…Leeann,”  Robert said with a slight sting to his tone.  He then turned, left the bar and headed toward the door.
 Leeann also left the bar and headed toward another exit.  Neither of them got very far before Leeann turned and called out, “Uh…Robert?  Wait!”
 Robert turned and Leeann gestured him over.
 Although he initially appeared to be a little perturbed at her, he walked over.
 “I’m sorry for acting like such a witch at the bar…it’s just that there can be some real creeps at some of these bars, you know?”


“I get that,” Robert said, “but I’m not one of them.”

 “So, do you forgive me?”  She said sweetly.
 Forgiven and forgotten,” Robert confirmed.
 “Good!  Let’s start over.  My name is Leeann…Leeann McMullen.”


“Robert Vega.  I work for the police department.  I help to catch the creeps that you were talking about.”


“A cop?”  She asked sounding impressed.


Sorta,” He answered.
 Leeann and Robert moved in closer to each other, making it impossible to hear what else was being said.
 But I could see that they had gotten pretty comfortable with each other.  Leeann leaned in and whispered something in Robert’s ear and Robert nodded.
 I sat there waiting to see what would happen next.
 The next thing I knew, Robert and Leeann were hurrying toward the door.
I stood up to see where they were going.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: