Moonlight Visions - Chapter 23

 I could hear Robert rise out of bed early the next morning.
 I knew that Leeann was still lying there next to him, because I didn’t hear her leave last night.
 Robert dressed and got ready for work.  By the time Leeann woke up, he was gone.
 I guessed that she must not of had a job to get to, because she didn’t seem to be in any particular hurry.
 I could hear her in the bathroom.  I was finally starting to get used to Robert being around, but I didn’t think I could ever get used to him entertaining women in my house.
 Especially a woman that I perceived to be very loose. 
 I glanced at the coffee table and saw that Robert had left Leeann a note  -


Had a great time last night!  Make yourself at home and I’ll see you when I get home ~ Rob
 Leeann reentered the room.  Just the thought of her being there set me on edge.  There was no way that I wanted this perky, pretty blonde to make herself at home.  I wanted her gone.
 I knew that Leeann could not see me, but I suspected that she could detect my presence.  She definitely believed in the supernatural.
 She stood there, shaking and afraid when she figured out that she was alone in the house.  I was determined not to make being alone easy for her.
 I headed toward the bathroom.  Instead of going around her, I went right through her.


She gasped and jumped as if someone had slid a few ice cubes into her bra. “What was that?”  I don’t know what my spirit felt like going through her body, but she felt something and it terrified her.

 I entered the bathroom.  Instead of just floating through the door like usual, I made a point of opening and closing it, so that she could hear it.
 She stared at it for a while before apprehensively calling out, “Rob…is that you?”
 I knew that she realized that she was alone and that there was no way that Robert could have opened and closed the bathroom door. 
 Still, she called out again.  “Rob…please.  If you’re in there…please…say something.”
 After no answer came, she stopped calling out.  At that point, she may have decided that hearing the bathroom door open and close had only been in her imagination.
 I wanted to make sure that she knew that it wasn’t her imagination.  I needed her to know that it was me.
 I rose from the toilet and flushed it.  I once again heard her gasp.
 But that wasn’t enough.  Anyone’s who’s ever been in an old house might rationalize a toilet flushing as being the result of faulty plumbing.  However, no one could rationalize a shower turning on by itself.
 I  turned the water on full blast and made as much noise as possible as I went through the motions of washing myself.
 That’s all it took.  I heard Leeann start to run toward the bedroom.
 I turned off the shower and could hear her getting dressed as quickly as possible.  She then ran out the front door.
 I stepped outside, anxious to see how the bubbly, perky expression had faded; replaced by fear.
 I was too late. Leeann was already half way down the street.
I smiled in satisfaction, knowing that I never had to worry about seeing her in my house again.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: