Moonlight Visions - Chapter 27

I discovered something else…Elaina could see me and she knew who and what I was.
More importantly, she stared at me, because she realized that  I knew who she was and what she was attempting to do.
That just made her more determined to get to Robert faster.
I could see on her face that I was an unexpected kink in her plan.  It was obvious that she didn’t know of me until just now.
She closed her eyes and moaned softly, “Mmm, this tastes incredible.”  Robert didn’t know, but I noticed that she had never taken a sip.  Her thirst was for a lot more than just a little alcohol.
Elaina faked another sip.  Robert was obliviously looking around the club with puppy dog eyes.  Elaina had him under her spell already.
Luckily, she was still distracted by me.
She turned to Robert, “So Robert, are you married?  Do you have a girlfriend?”  I could tell that she already knew the answer.
Her question served to remind Robert of the pain from his recent break-up.  He was reminded of the hurt that he was attempting to heal with his drinking and longing for female company.   It was ingenious and it served its purpose well.  
Robert shook his head; pain filling his eyes.  He took another sip of his wine to avoid having to answer out loud.
“I’ve been through my share of pain too,” she said recognizing that she had hit a soft spot with Robert.  Her strategy…try to relate to his  hurt.


“Am I that obvious?”  Robert asked.

“Not really, I just think that people who have been through things are connected in some spiritual way.”  Elaina said. 


It  seemed to make sense to Robert, but I knew that it was complete bull; Elaina had no spirit.

Elaina kept glancing my way.  I didn’t want her to know that I was hanging on to her every word, so I pretended to hold a conversation with another ghost that happened to be there at the bar.
It didn’t fool her.  She knew where my true attention lied.  She leaned in and whispered into Robert’s ear so that I could not hear her.
“Well, I don’t know about destiny…but I’m feeling pretty darn lucky right now,” Robert said in response to Elaina’s whispered words.
I could only assume to know what she said.  I was glad that Robert was not the type to believe in destiny or any other mystical ideals.  Elaina would have to use another approach.
Again, Elaina glanced my way.  Robert noticed and followed her gaze.
“Do you know him?”  Robert asked, assuming that she was staring at the man at the bar because he couldn’t see me.  “Is he a problem?”
Elaina played along, “Not anything I can’t handle,” she answered with a malicious threat to her tone.  I knew it was directed at me.


Robert chuckled and seem to think the threat was cute and harmless.  “I could just arrest him,” he offered jokingly; still clueless to who Elaina was actually referring to.

Suddenly the evil broke through and was visible on her face once again.  “Arresting won’t solve this problem,” she almost snarled.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: