Moonlight Visions - Chapter 28

Robert had the look of a man longing as he stared at Elaina.
He pulled her closer into an embrace.  She reacted with a satisfied smile.  She knew that she had him.
“Elaina…I know it sounds crazy, but I know you could make me happy again.” He said sounding so unlike the practical, logical person that I’d been observing all of this time.
“But you don’t even know me.” Elaina gently loosened his grip on her.  “You said it yourself…there is no destiny,” she said softly. 
Elaina then walked away without even saying goodbye. An unobservant person would have thought that her words were a rejection… but I knew better.
It wasn’t an rejection at all.  I saw it for what it was.
It was an invitation.
An invitation for Robert to put it all on the line and pursue her…long for her…covet her with all of his being.
Robert and I arrived home together; both desperate.
He was happier than I’ve seen him since he moved in.  If he could floated, I think he would have.
The smile on his face appeared genuine and seemed to stem from the very core of his emotions.  Elaina had gotten in deep.
He seemed desperate for another moment in her presence.
I was desperate to open his eyes….to help him see Elaina for what she was…a soulless entity that could only devour, feed and kill.
I was willing to try whatever I could.  Now that I knew my purpose, I was going to do anything to fulfill it.  I floated around to face Robert and for a moment he seemed to look directly at me…into my eyes in fact.
But that moment passed and I knew that he was looking through me and I was still no more than air to him.
In fact, he walked right through me. 
I stayed in place as he entered the bathroom whistling a cheerful tune. 
I could understand the yearning that Robert felt for Elaina.  I understood, because I felt it for him.  I would have given anything to be the subject of his glassy eyed desperate stare. 


I had to get out of here to keep my focus on my mission.

I floated out the door and was greeted by Elaina’s icy cold stare.  The hate in her eyes told me everything.  She wanted me gone as much as I wanted her gone.
Suddenly she snarled in anger and frustration; expressing exactly what I was feeling inside. 
She then turned and walked away without another sound.  Initially I was confused by her frustration, but I realized that she had the same problem that I had. We both needed to be rid of each other, but she couldn’t do anything about me and for the time being…
I could do nothing about her.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: