Moonlight Visions - Chapter 35

 My encounter with Elaina made me desperate.
 She now had all the ammunition she needed to hurt me; through Robert.
 Luckily it was close to dawn and Elaina had retreated underground to rest.
 There had to be something that I could do; especially when she was in her most vulnerable position.
 Earlier, I told her that I still had my powers.  I failed at using them when I first became a ghost, but I wondered if my powers had returned since I had more experience at being a ghost.  I pulled out my wand.
 With one swish of my wand, I discovered that I did in fact have some powers.  I felt powerful and strong once again.  Maybe it was the full moon that gave me what I needed.
 I chanted a simple protection charm.  I didn’t know how effective it would be against Elaina, but it was worth trying. 
 I went back upstairs.  I now needed to find a way to reach Robert.  He needed to know what he was up against.  He needed to know that Elaina was a vampire who wanted him dead.
 I figured that Robert was fast asleep by now, but I also knew that he would probably be waking up really soon since he was such an early riser.
 I only had so much time, but I had no idea what to do.
 I stood at the edge of the bed.  How could I make him see me?  I needed to talk to him, but what could I do?
 Then it hit me.  I recalled what Doreen told me about the spiritual realm.
 Doreen told me that everyone is closer to the spiritual realm when sleeping; especially during a full moon.  If that was true, then tonight was the perfect night to reach Robert there, but how?
 I placed my hands over him; waved them around and chanted the words that I always heard Doreen reciting just before sending me to the realm to find some lost spirit.  I hope that it would help me meet Robert there.
 Nothing happened and the sun was going to rise soon.  Robert would most likely be up soon after the sun.
 Another few moments passed and still nothing was happening.  I had no idea what Elaina may have planned for tonight, so if I was going to do something, I had to do it now.  My spirit was tense with anxiety.
 Another moment popped into my memory.  There was one time when I was near Robert and he responded to me.  It was almost a week ago when he was sleeping and I had gotten so close to him that I startled him awake.  Maybe if I touched him, I could reach him.
 I moved in closer and reached down; my hand hovering inches from his face.  Instead of incantations, I mumbled a silent prayer. 
 My fingers were close enough to sense his body heat, but I hesitated there.  This had to work.  If it didn't, I might as well just hand Robert over to Elaina.
I finally placed my hand on his face.  I could feel a surge of energy go from me to him.  Then I felt myself spinning.  I knew that my prayers were being answered.


 Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: