Moonlight Visions - Chapter 36

The spinning stopped and I was in the spiritual realm.  
 
 My stomach was flipping because I was excited with anticipation about something, but I couldn’t remember what.  What was I here to do?
 
 Then I heard someone approaching.  From the footsteps and steady breathing, I knew it wasn’t just a spirit.  This person was alive.
 
 “Where am I?”  He asked; his voice incredibly familiar.  
 
 I tried to remember what was happening, but couldn’t. It had never been this way before.  I had never forgotten my purpose before when coming into the spiritual realm.  Maybe it was different when a living spirit was involved.
 
 “Who are you?”  He asked.
 
 I turned around and as soon as I saw his face, I remembered.  “Robert!”  I said.  Robert was here talking to me.
 
 “Yes…I’m Robert, but who are you?”


I didn’t know what to say first, so I just started with my name.  “I’m Josephina Gates,” I said as if I had just remembered it.  It felt strange saying my own name after so long.

“Am I dreaming?  Why are you here?”  He asked.


I felt overwhelmed.  There was so much that he needed to know…so much that I had to tell him, but I didn’t know how to begin.

“I have a lot that I need to tell you, but first…I used to live in your house,” I said.  I decided to feed him a little bit at a time.
“What do you mean?  You sold the house to me?”  He asked.


“Um…no,” I knew that I had to be careful.  Robert didn’t believe in the supernatural.  If I said too much, he would probably shut me out completely.  “Not exactly,” I said; leaving my answer simple.

“Okay…so why am I dreaming this?”
“I needed to tell you something.  It’s about Elaina,” I responded cautiously.


“What about her?  Why is it your concern?”

“Robert, you have to be careful around her.  She’s not who you think she is.”  I somehow knew that he would not want to hear anything about Elaina being a vampire.  I would have to get to that later.
“How do you know who I think she is?”  It was a good question.  I didn’t know how to answer it.
When I didn’t answer, he continued.  “Look, I don’t know what this is or what any of this has to do with you, but since it’s just a dream…”
“Robert, it’s not a dream…”I interrupted quickly.  I knew that he was ready to end our contact.  I had to be more bold in my approach.


“Tell me what’s going on or I’m out of here.”

“You’re in danger,” I blurted out.


“How do you know?  You’re just the person who sold me my house.”


I knew that he didn’t get it. I had to take a chance and tell him.  “I’m a ghost Robert.  I didn’t sell you the house…I died in it.”

“This is bull…I’m out of here,” Robert said turning away from me.
 
 “Robert…please,” I begged.


“I don’t believe in this…this…whatever this is,” he said sounding a bit frustrated over his lack of vocabulary.

 
 “Look me up,” I said in a last ditch effort to get through to him.


“What?”  He said.  I knew that he heard me, but wanted clarification.

 
 “When you wake up…look me up on the internet,” I said.  I knew it was the only way he’d believe me.
“So I just have to wake up to get out of here?”  He asked.


“Yes,” I said with contrition.  I knew that if he woke up right now, he would just think this was all a dream.  I wasn’t able to convince him and he probably wouldn’t even bother looking me up as I suggested.

Soon after, Robert disappeared from the realm.  I assumed that he had woken up.
My insides were filled with fear and regret because I knew that I still had not accomplished my goal.  But I hoped that I had at least planted a seed of belief.


 Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: