Moonlight Visions - Chapter 37

Robert jumped awake and looked directly in my direction.
I doubted that he saw me, but I decided to leave his view.  I didn’t want to overwhelm him.  I needed what I told him to sink in.
He looked around confused; like he didn’t know where he was.
“What the hell?”  He asked out loud.
“It was just a dream,” he said relieved; just what I feared he would say.
He got out of bed to prepare for work.
 
 I watched Robert closely; looking for any sign of him believing me.
 
 For the most part, he seemed to go about his day as he normally did.
 
 He sped off on his bike; heading to the police station in the bitter cold.
I had no way of knowing if Robert decided to look me up online while at work. 
I could only hope as I grabbed my broom and took off.
I would have followed him to work and observed him there; but Doreen had some important clients coming in today and needed my assistance as her medium.
Back at home after work; Robert didn’t seem any different.
I knew that it was only a matter of time before Elaina emerged from the basement. I wanted more than anything for Robert to check the internet before she was once again in his midst; clouding his judgment.
I was about ready to give up as the sun finished setting. 
Then it happened…Robert was walking past the fireplace when he suddenly stopped and stared at it.
His eyes grazed over the scorch marks on the floor.  He was no doubt informed of the fire that burned it when he bought the home, but I doubted that he was told that I had died there.
Robert walked over to his computer.
I watched as he quickly turned on the power and loaded up the internet.  He was going to learn the truth.
“What was her name again?  Janice…no Joan…no…” He paused as if in deep thought.


“Josephina,” I whispered in his ear.

“Josephina,” He said. “Josephina Gates,” he repeated as he resumed typing.


I smiled; thinking that maybe he actually heard my whisper.

He hit search and found my name amongst the list of search results.
My pictured popped up.  “Oh my God, that’s her,” Robert said to himself.
He read the headline, “Moonlight Falls Woman Dies in House Fire.”
Robert read on, “Twenty-four year old woman, Josephina Gates, was found dead in her home at 204 Lakeside Drive when firefighters responded to a call from a passerby who smelled smoke coming out of Ms. Gate’s home.  Firefighters found Ms. Gates alone in her bed when they arrived.  Initially it was believe that Ms. Gates died of smoke inhalation in her sleep, but once her body was examined, it was apparent that she suffered from severe burns and died after retreating to her bed.”
“Why would I dream about her?”  Robert asked himself after reading the rest of the article.  He still didn’t quite get it.

 Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: