Moonlight Visions - Chapter 40

 Based on Robert’s response during our last visit, I figured I’d never get an opportunity to talk to him again.  I would have to deal with Elaina myself.
 
 Rather than continue to follow Robert , I decided to start tailing Elaina.  But unlike Robert, she could detect my presence; making following her much harder.
 
 In my present state, I couldn’t hide from her.  I needed to learn to hide myself and I knew just where to go.  I decided to visit Helen Hall and her ghost companions. 
 
 I knew where to find them because they all lived in one of the biggest, oldest mansions in Moonlight Falls. Helen Hall was leaving her house as I floated up toward it.
 
 She didn’t seem very surprised to see me.  “Ms. Gates…I was wondering when you would find your way here,” she said in greeting.
 
 “How are you Helen?”  I asked.


“I’m fine, but I’m sure you didn’t come here just to ask that.”

“No.  Doreen at the fortune teller’s caravan told me that you lived with three ghosts-” I started.
“And you would like to meet them,” Helen said, finishing my statement for me.


“If that’s okay…I have a little problem and I need their help,” I said, hoping that Helen wouldn’t require a full explanation that I wasn’t prepared to give right now.

“Sure, but how are things with your unwanted house guest?”  She asked.


“Robert? He’s the reason I’m here.  He’s in a little trouble and I’m trying to help him out.”

“Oh!  So he’s not so unwanted anymore,” Helen said filling in the blanks.  “Has he detected your presence yet?”
“No Helen…but a dangerous person really close to him can…and I need to learn to conceal myself from her…or it – I should say.”


“Oh, this sounds serious,” Helen said; her tone matching her statement.  “I’m on my way to work, but the Goths are all home.  Go into the house and introduce yourself.”

“Thank you Helen…for everything,” I said; grateful that she was the first person I met when I first arrived in Moonlight Falls. 


“No problem,” she said.

I walked up the few steps that led to the Goth’s front door.  I wasn’t exactly afraid to meet them, but I was a little concerned that maybe they couldn’t or wouldn’t want to help me. 
I slowly floated through the door.  I saw two of the Goth ghosts sitting on a couch in the front room.  “Hello,” I said, “I’m a friend of Helen’s.”
“Come on around dear…let us get a good look at you,” the female spirit said in a kind voice.
I walked around until I was standing in front of two ghosts; a woman with what appeared to be volts surging through her spirit…
…and a very colorful male spirit who continued to sit on the couch with a grumpy expression on his face.
I introduced myself and the female spirit responded in kind.  “Nice to meet you!  I’m Olivia Goth and this is my husband Samuel Goth,” she replied.  I expected Samuel to acknowledge me, but he remained sitting with the same expression on his face. “Don’t mind him,” Olivia continued.  “He’s been grumpy since he died almost a century ago.”
“I’m so sorry to bother you…but I really need your help,” I started; just as another ghost entered the room. 


“How can we help?”  The new ghost asked.


“That’s my sister
Frida Goth,” Olivia offered.


I nodded to acknowledge
Frida and did my best to explain my situation.
“So, I need to learn how to conceal myself from a vampire,” I said finishing up my explanation.
“From a vampire?”  Olivia said as if my request was the oddest thing in the world.
“This should be good,” Samuel said.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: