Moonlight Visions - Chapter 41

 “It can be done, right?”  I asked concerned by Olivia and Samuel’s reaction.
 Of course it can be done,”  Olivia quickly responded.  “A ghost can hide themselves from anyone…it’s just that it sometimes takes a while to learn, especially when it comes to vampires.”
 “I still haven’t completely mastered it,” Frida interjected.


“Yeah, and she’s been dead for 80 years,” Olivia explained.

 “Eighty years!”  I said in disbelief.  “I need to learn this tonight.”
 “Good luck, vampires are the hardest,” Frida said without a touch of optimism.
 “Would the fact that I’m a witch, a psychic witch, help at all?”  I asked; not intending it to come out like a challenge, although it did.
 “You’re magical?  Well that’ll make all the difference in the word,”  Olivia said. Samuel grunted in agreement.
 Olivia began explaining,” As a ghost, you’re an entity of energy.  Some people are sensitive to that energy, some aren’t.  Vampires are the opposite of us. They are basically walking bodies with no soul and therefore have no energy.  We have no body, just a soul.  They detect us so well, because it’s like the opposite poles of a magnet…their lack of energy is attracted to our abundance of it.”
 “To conceal ourselves from them…”Olivia began, then suddenly disappeared.  “You have to learn to conceal some of that energy,” she continued.
 “I think I get it,” I said. “But how do I conceal the energy?”


“That’s the hard part,” Olivia said while still invisible.

 She reappeared before continuing, “You have to learn to straddle the line between the living world and the spiritual realm.”


“Straddle the line?”  I asked, trying to imagine how that would be possible.

 “Yes, you have to store, if you will, the part of your soul that contains your energy in the spiritual realm, while another part of your soul remains here.  A vampire has no soul, so they cannot enter the spiritual realm.  If you can do that…no vampire could see you.”
 “The hard part is separating the two…most ghost cannot do that without decades of practice.  But you, being a magical being may be able to do it in the same way that you concentrate your magic to perform a spell or have a vision.”
 “So I have to separate my soul?”  I asked, noting how impossible the task seemed.


“Yes, it’s sort of like a living person whose sleeping and dreaming.  Their body is in the living world, but their mind is in the spiritual realm. You have to move the energy part of yourself to the realm, but the thinking part of you has to remain here.”

 I gave it a try, but nothing happened.  “You said it was like magic,” I asked once again.


“Yes.  Concentrate just like when you perform a spell, but instead of focusing on the object of a spell, focus on the living world while sending the rest of your spirit to the realm.” 

 
 I tried over and over again…until finally I was able to make myself completely disappear. 


“Can you still hear me?”  Olivia asked testing to see if I had successfully separated myself.

“Yes,” I answered.


Olivia,
Frida and Samuel all gasped in shock.  “I can’t believe it!” Frida said. 
 “Wow!  I’ve never seen it done so quickly.  I can’t see you at all.”  Olivia said as she reached out with her hands to make sure that I was completely gone.  “I can’t feel you either…good job!”
 Olivia was still feeling around when I returned.  “If you repeat what you just did when around this vampire of yours…she shouldn’t be able to detect you at all,” Olivia assured me.  “But be careful…if you stay separated for too long, you just might find yourself crossing over permanently.”
 “Thank you Olivia,” I said; more than just a little grateful for her help.
 “Wow!  I’m amazed,” Frida said as I was leaving.  Even Samuel grunted a few times; showing that he was impressed in his own way.
I left the Goth house feeling proud and more importantly…better prepared to deal with Elaina and whatever she had planned.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: