Moonlight Visions - Chapter 43

 Across town, Robert’s boss, Janet Pok sat alone at the bar of the nearly empty Red Velvet Lounge.  A second vampire enters the lounge behind her.
 
 He doesn’t make it all the way to the bar.  He turns and enters an empty VIP room.
 
 Elaina led me to the same lounge.  
 
 I stood outside for a few moments to practice disappearing before attempting to use my new skill among a bar of vampires. 
 
 Janet joined Dante Morganthe in the VIP room.  
 
 I made myself invisible and followed Elaina into the lounge. 


“Where is she?  I told her to meet us here!” Janet asked
Donte.
 
 I stood outside the door while Elaina entered.  “Don’t get your panties in a bunch…I’m right here,”  she said.
“I have yet to see a request form from Robert.  Do you remember what you’re to do?”  Janet asked; her voice full of impatience.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah…get him to sign the form, requesting that I make him a vampire,” Elaina said as if she’s heard the same thing over and over again.
“Yes, get him to request to be turned and then accidentally kill him.  No one can fault us if you try to turn him at his request and it goes wrong.  We’ll have it on record.”


“I know,” Elaina said as if she was tired of hearing it.

“So why hasn’t it been done yet?”  Janet asked.
“There’s a complication,” Elaina revealed.


“A complication?”

“A witch is involved,” Elaina whispered, sounding a little embarrassed about it.


“Well take care of it!” Janet’s voice was full of urgency.

“It’s not that easy,” Elaina paused before continuing. “It’s a dead witch.”
“Let me take care of it.  I don’t want to be found out,” Dante said; his first time speaking up since Elaina entered the room.
Elaina and Janet ignored him.  “A dead witch?  You mean the one who died in the house?  She’s still around?”  Janet asked.
“I thought we had this all planned out.  It was easy to turn his little girlfriend away from him…now you just have to do your part,” Janet continued.


“Yes, but we didn’t anticipate this ghost witch,” Elaina said attempting to remove the blame from herself.

“No, but there has to be a way to be rid of her,” Janet answered.


“She protects him,” Elaina added.


Awww…you’re afraid of a dead ghost witch,” Dante said with a smirk.
“Dante…this is no laughing matter.  We need this mess cleaned up.  It’s a matter of time before Robert goes over my head and has you arrested for killing that girl.  If people find out that a vampire is responsible, we’re all doomed.  I can’t go back into hiding like before.  I’m married now…I have a husband to think about.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it,”  Elaina said.
“If you don’t…I will!”  Dante threatened.
“It’s your taking care of things that’s gotten us in this mess,”  Janet said quickly putting Dante in his place.
“And I’m not afraid of her!” Elaina added, “I just can’t do anything about her…she’s already dead.”
“You remember what you’re getting out of this, right?”  Janet said turning back to Elaina.  “You do this and-”


“You’ll tell me how to become a sun walker like you and Dante,” Elaina interrupted; finishing Janet’s statement. 

“So that’s what you’re doing this for,” Dante said; laughing once again.


“Dante!  You keep this up and I’ll turn you in myself.  Going into hiding might be worth seeing you rot in jail,” Janet threatened.

Dante frowned at Janet’s threat.

“Elaina…I really need you to do this,” Janet reemphasized.

“I’ll get him to agree to be turned…I promise,” Elaina said.
Dante looked as if he wasn’t so sure, but Janet’s threat must have worked, because he didn’t respond.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: