Moonlight Visions - Chapter 47

 Robert and Elaina being together…the vision; it was all too much for me.
 
 I escaped to the spiritual realm…the one place I could go where vampires couldn’t exist.  I was in the realm for about an hour when I heard Robert’s voice…
 
 “I was hoping you would be here,” he said; walking up behind me.
 
 I was astonished.  I didn’t expect to see him here again and I certainly didn’t know that he could find his way here completely on his own.
 
 I turned and could only stare; in my head, I was trying to make sure he was really standing there.
 
 “Robert?  I…I didn’t think I’d see you again.”
 
 “I felt bad about the way I left things last time.  I’m so sorry.”
“It’s okay…it was a lot to take in,” I offered, giving him a way out.
“You tried to tell me didn’t you…about Elaina being a vampire?”
I sensed that he wasn’t really looking for an answer, so I allowed him to continue.  “Will you sit with me for a moment?”  He asked.
Robert and I sat down next to one another.  “Elaina is a dangerous person,” I finally said. 
“Yeah, I know she’s a vampire…but it’s not her fault.”


I looked away from him, staring at the never ending whiteness above us; partly because he made me feel shy and partly because I was trying to hide the truth that was surely present in my eyes.  I didn’t want to lose this moment by telling him Elaina’s plan.  I had a feeling that he was too infatuated with her to hear me out anyway.  The vampire part he was ready to accept, the rest I would have to sort out on my own.
“Yeah…I guess not,” I say as if her just being a vampire was all I wanted him to know.
“You know…I always sort of knew you were around,” Robert said looking directly at me, effectively changing the subject.


I still couldn’t look him in the eyes or even turn toward him, but he didn’t seem to mind.
“I would sometimes get a glimpse of you in my peripheral.  Other times I could definitely feel your presence.”


The thought that I wasn’t completely invisible to him made me smile a little.
“There were times when I would undress…” he started,
“…and I could feel you watching me.”
I blushed immediately; closing my eyes to hide my shame.  “Oh God…I’m so sorry,” I whispered.  “I must sound seem like the biggest pervert.”
Robert’s hand touched mine; sending a surge up my arm and down the rest of my body.  “No…it was a comforting presence.  I really didn’t mind,”  he said in an attempt to make me feel better about being found out.
His words surprised me and it showed all over my face.  I was glad that he wasn’t looking. 


“Were you around all the time?”  He asked.
“No, I helped out at the fortune teller’s caravan, contacting spirits, during the day.”  I left out the part about Annie and how I talked Doreen into tricking her. 
 
 “I can’t believe that so much had been happening around me…and I was so unaware.”


“It’s not your fault Robert.  You were taught at a young age that such things didn’t exist.”
Robert scooted closer to me and we sat back looking at nothing in particular; him leaning against me and me leaning against him as if we were old friends. 


“Yeah, but how could I be so blind about Elaina?  That’s just crazy.”

“Blind…yeah, but crazy?  No.”
“Come on…even you have to admit that it’s completely crazy to be with a vampire and not know it.”


“Yeah…I guess that is a little crazy,” I finally agreed.  Robert chuckled in response.
“Well…I have to go.  Elaina should be getting ready to get some sleep soon.  Apparently she’s been sleeping in the basement,” he said; forcing me back to reality.


I reluctantly moved away from his warm touch.
“Will I see you here again?”  He asked.
“Yeah…sure…anytime,” I answered shyly; thrilled at the possibility of sharing another moment together like this one.
“Okay, well…until next time,” he said.
“Until next time,” I said softly as he walked away; sad to see him go.
 
 As he woke up in the living world; he disappeared from my world. To him, this would all just seem like a dream…a dream that would probably just fade away as the day went on. 
But for me…the lingering warmth left by his hand touching mine made this all much too real and would stay in my memory for as long as my soul still existed.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: