Moonlight Visions - Chapter 51

 “Robert sweetie…oh...I didn’t mean to wake you!”  Elaina was saying when I finally left the realm. 


“It’s ok,” Robert responded; his voice groggy.
 
 “I must have been dreaming,” he said attempting to shake away the drowsy feeling. 
 
 When Robert was fully awake, he looked deep in thought.  I hoped that he was remembering our time together; as a sort of resistance to what I was sure Elaina wanted to talk to him about.
 
 “Robert, there’s something very important that I’d like to talk to you about,” Elaina began.
“What?  Are you pregnant?  Are you a werewolf, what?”  He asked as if he was afraid to hear anything else.


Elaina placed her hands on his arms to reassure him.  “No…nothing like that.”
“Then what is it Elaina?”  Robert asked.  “Let’s just get it over with.”
 
 “Robert…I want you to join me.  I’ve been lonely for far too long.  I want to make you into a vampire.”


“You what?”  Robert asked, although from the look on his face, it was obvious that he heard Elaina loud and clear.
“Please just hear me out…”


“You want to make me into a vampire?  You want me to be like you?”
“It’s not that simple.  I can’t just turn you into one…I need your permission and you have to fill out a request.”


“A reque…Elaina, I don’t...why?”
Suddenly Robert’s face became angry.  “Elaina, do you know that I found evidence today that one of your kind killed an innocent girl?”


“We’re not all like that.”
“Then I find out that my boss was a vampire all of this time that I’ve been trying to convince her that this…monster was guilty.  I can’t help but think she’s trying to cover it up to…protect her own.  Then you show up out of the blue…and now you’re asking me to become one of you.”


Elaina appeared hurt. 
“When one human kills another…are you all to blame?”


Robert paused and thought about Elaina’s words.  “I guess I didn’t think about it like that.”  He stared at Elaina for several minutes; thinking.
Robert grabbed Elaina’s hands.  “This is a lot to think about.  Can you give me some time?”
“So you’ll consider it?”  Elaina said, her tone full of hope.
 
 Robert pulled her in close.  “Yes, I’ll consider it.”


“Robert, I would love to spend an eternity with you; for once not losing the one that I love.”
 
 “An eternity?”  Robert asked as if he never considered what being a vampire meant.


“Robert, I’m over 300 years old,” she told him, realizing that he didn’t know.
“I’m dating an old lady?  You’re the ultimate cougar,” Robert said amused.
“I’ll forever look like this…and if you allow me to change you, you will too…  We could be together…forever.”
Suddenly Robert did something unexpected…he thought about Elaina’s words, then he looked directed over to the kitchen where I was standing.
Could he see me? Was he recalling our moment in the realm?  I wondered.
It was at that moment that Elaina realized just how much of a threat I was to her plan.  She knew that I was a problem for her, but until now, she didn’t realize just how much.  She could see that Robert cared about me.
He turned back to Elaina,  “An eternity?” 
“Yes my love,”  Elaina whispered.
Elaina and Robert sat down on the couch to watch a little TV, although Elaina seemed a little preoccupied and wasn’t very present.
I couldn’t stay there and watch them play house…not when I knew that Robert wanted more.  Even if she wasn’t trying to kill him, he’d never have the normalcy he seeks with Elaina. But sadly, I realized that he’d never truly have it with me either.
I escaped to the realm.  Robert sat with Elaina for a few more minutes, before he stood up.
 
 “I have to be at work early tomorrow.  I’d better go to bed,” he said.
“I’ll be there in a moment.  I want to watch this,” Elaina said, appearing to be into the TV, but her mind seemed to be somewhere else.
Robert’s was too and I knew that he was truly considering Elaina’s proposal.
He quickly fell asleep with his mind weighing the pros and cons of the possibility of a new life with Elaina.


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: