Moonlight Visions - Chapter 52

 After his talk with Elaina, Robert spent more and more time in the realm.  Although I enjoyed every moment…
 
 …it wasn’t exactly comforting.  Robert reminded me of someone trying to have all of the fun they could before something changed.
Sort of like a bachelor’s party.
In the realm, we discovered that we could do anything that we imagined.
Normal things that Robert wanted to do, but Elaina refused to do, we did.
It was like Robert was attempting to live a normal existence in his dreams, but for me it was too real.
When he woke up, he went off to live his life, but this was my life.  The only life I had left to live.
We were like kids in the realm; him fulfilling his need for normalcy…
 
 Me, fulfilling my need for companionship…something I never experienced when I was alive.
Although the whole experience was bittersweet, I decided to enjoy it for as long as I could.
 
 I realized nothing lasted forever, but at the time, I had a friend.
 
 And I could tell that he cared about our friendship as much as I did.
 
 What I couldn’t tell was if he wanted more than friendship…like I did.
 
 I was too shy and afraid of rejection to ask him, so I kept my side of our conversations away from that topic.
I learned to be content with his every glance and the feel of his hands in mine.
But it was hard and it was obvious that I cared about him.  My need to protect him came out all of the time.
Even if it caused me pain in the process.
“You okay?”  Robert laughed.
I don’t think he realized that this was all real to me.  I don’t think he took it as serious because he could just wake up at any moment and it would all be just a dream…temporary…only in his mind.
But I had my feelings completely tied to these moments.  
 
 I wasn’t just a doll he could take off the shelf to play with from time to time; only to put me back when he was done.
I was in love…completely lost in love.
But I didn’t mind so much until I heard the one thing that I always regretted hearing him whisper, because it reminded me that this was all so temporary… 


“It’s time for me to wake up.”


Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: