Moonlight Visions - Chapter 56

 “Why are you crying woman?  I’m right here,” Robert said as soon as I entered the realm.  He had a joking tone, but I wasn’t amused.  Seeing him made me feel even worse.
 When the sobs stopped, anger replaced the tears.  “Why’d you do it Robert?  I told you not to do it!”


“I want to be with you!”
 “I told you what could happen.”
 “But you don’t know what’s going to happen.  You can’t know,” he said; his voice pleading.
 “Robert, you have so much to live for,”  I responded; my tone matching his pleas.
 He walked closer to me and stared into my eyes, ”I have even more to die for…”
 “I want to be with you,” Robert said pulling me close to him; blocking any response I might have had with his mouth.
 I kissed him back for a while; temporarily weak.  Then I pulled back, “No, this is a mistake.”


“Mistake?”  Robert said appearing slightly hurt as if my words had stung him.
 “Robert, I didn’t check your body.  You might not be dead yet.  You have to go back,” I said; suddenly hopeful.
 “What are you talking about?  The whole plan was for Elaina to kill me and she succeeded.  Now we can be together.”


“Robert, no…I’m a witch,” I blurted out before I had a chance to stop the words from coming out.
 “Josephina?”  He said questioning me and urging me to go on at the same time.


“I foresaw all of this.  I knew you were in danger…that’s why I moved to Moonlight Falls.  I came here to save you, although at the time, I didn’t even know who I was coming to save.”
 “Why are you doing this?  Why are you saying these things?”  Robert asked holding back his anger.


I ignored his questions.  “I’m here to save you and I’m going to save you anyway I can.  You can’t die Robert.”

 “If you don’t love me…just say you it, but don’t make stuff up to be rid of me!”  Robert exploded.
 “I love you Robert!  I love you and would give anything to be with you, but this isn’t right.  This isn’t how it’s supposed to be!”


“Well I’m standing right here…right now!  What’s done is done.  Why can’t we just let it go and be together?”
 “Robert, go back, marry Annie.  She’s who you belong with.”


“But I’m dead!  I’m dead…Elaina killed me.”
 “I didn’t see your ghost,” I said suddenly.


That effectively stopped his angry reactions,  “What?”
 “I didn’t see your ghost,” I repeated.  “When I was looking at your body, I didn’t see your ghost in the room.  There may still be time, but you need to hurry and try to return to your body.”
 “I’m begging you Josephina. I did this for us.  If I’m dead, we can be together.”
 “But this is not how it’s supposed to be Robert.”


“Why?  Because you foresaw it?”  Robert said in a mocking tone.


“Yes…because I foresaw it!”  I
said defiantly.
 “Why don’t you want to be with me?”  Robert said, attempting to embrace me.


I stepped back; rejecting his advance.

 “Robert, I’ve never wanted anything more.  If only you realized how hard this is for me…but it’s not about me or what I want.”
 My emotional dam broke at that moment and I collapsed into his arms.  “Time is running out…you have to see if…you can return to your…body Robert,” I said between sobs.
 “I’ve failed you Robert.  I was supposed to save you…to stop this from happening but I failed you!”  I continued.
 “No you didn’t!  You didn’t fail me.  I’ll do it.  I’ll try to go back.”
 “You have to hurry or you’ll-”
 Robert began to appear woozy and had a hard time staying on his feet.
 “Something is happening.  I don’t feel so good.”
 I became frightened as his eyes became unfocussed.  “Robert!  Hurry…I think you’re dying!”
 “Okay,” he said, but appeared to have a hard time regaining his balance.
 Robert reached out for me, but couldn’t focus enough to reach me.  “I’m sorry Josephina,” he said.


“It’s okay,” I said.  “Hurry…I think you may be crossing over!”
 I watched as Robert walked away; swaying unsteadily on his feet.  I was afraid.
 All I could think about was never seeing him again as I watched him.  He didn’t immediately disappear like he usually did and that scared me more than anything. I thought maybe his body and soul were finally separated for good.
 He stopped and held his head to steady himself.  I silently prayed, “Not now...please don’t let me lose him now!”
 “I’m sorry,” Robert said one more time…
…before he finally disappeared from the realm.  I prayed that he was alive.

Click Here To Read More Moonlight Visions

Labels: