I Stole Evil - Epilogue

Note:  This is the conclusion to "I Stole Evil"... be sure to read Chapter 28 first!

 Across the hall from Diane, another young woman has just delivered her first baby…

…but there are complications.


“I don’t know why we didn’t catch this sooner…” Says the doctor, her voice full of regret.

Alone and afraid, the young mother responds in a shaky voice, “What is it doctor… is there something wrong with my baby?”

“We ran some tests after we noticed some things about your baby’s appearance…”


“What!  What is it?  What’s wrong with him?”


 “I’m sorry, your son has an extra chromosome,” the doctor says quickly; her tone sympathetic.

 “An extra what?  What are you talking about?”  The young woman sounds close to tears.

The doctor goes on to explain everything in detail to the new mother, who seems to grow smaller and smaller with each word; all of her hopes and dreams shattered.

That is when the tears finally fall.  “How can this be…why me?  How will I tell my husband?”

Neither the doctor or the grieving mother has noticed the young woman at the door.   Nor do they react as the door softly closes. 

The young woman has heard all that she needs to hear as her lips begin to slowly form a smile.

Fed by the young mother’s misery and resentment; her time has come again… she is happy; her cycle will start anew. It is time for her to once again live out her purpose as she has done numerous times.

Anyone who may have noticed her and looked away or blinked for even a second would be shocked to see that just as suddenly as she appeared… she disappeared…

Morphed down…… into a newborn baby boy.

Life within the hospital goes on… and no one has noticed that suddenly an extra baby has appeared in the nursery.

Back in the corner; easily ignored, the baby will remain invisible to everyone…

Except the heartbroken new mother… who in her grief will be compulsively drawn to him and his seemingly beautiful perfection.

The End

About I Stole Evil
Chapters of I Stole Evil
Characters of I Stole Evil

Other Stories by Diego2Memphis
Metallic Heart
Metallic Heart II
Moonlight Visions
Tales of the Middle Ages

Labels: